I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here! is back this November. Between the 5th and the 16th, students at 16 schools will be putting their questions to 5 scientists in the Neon Zone.
The Neon Zone is a general science zone supported by Wellcome.
Tiernan Henry | Lecturer, National University of Ireland, Galway
I’m trying to better understand how water works its way from rain to the ground to the sea.
Sonia Lenehan | PhD Student, INFANT Centre & UCC
Using your eyes, I explore the way your brain builds the electrical roads and chemical bridges that allow you to think,feel,dream, and most importantly, make you,you!
Mossy Kelly | Lecturer, University of Hull
I create tiny fireballs on the surfaces of metals and watch them burn.
Maureen Williams | PhD Student, Trinity College Dublin
I work on parasites that control the behaviour of their hosts.
Bernard Leddy | Industry and private sector, Lismore
I appear as an expert witness in cases involving toxicology.
- St Molaga Senior NS, Dublin
- St David’s C.B.S., Dublin
- S N Naomh Feichin, Mayo
- S N Mharcuis B, Cork
- S N Colm Cille, Clare
- Queen Of Universe N S, Carlow
- Our Lady Of Mercy N S, Sligo
- Muire Na Ngael NS, Louth
- Mount Carmel Secondary School, Dublin
- Le Cheile Secondary School, Dublin
- Lackamore N S, Tipperary
- Killinarden Community School, Dublin
- Ennis Community College, Clare
- Dún Na Rí College, Cavan
- Coláiste Cholmáin, Cork
- Coláiste Chilliain, Dublin